A discussion forum reserved for current members of the BC School Counsellors Association to discuss professional issues, practice, policies relating to practice, items related to the annual BCSCA Conference, and to share resources or professional development opportunities. The BCSCA Connect Forum is provided as a service for the members of the BC School Counsellors Assocation. The BCSCA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others.
Forum etiquette and rules:
1. By participating in the BCSCA Connect Forums, you are opting into a community environment. Other BCSCA members may be able to see your profile information and send you private messages. Private messages should not include solicitations, calls for participants in studies, or advertising for personal gain. Keep in mind that the rules that apply to public posts to the BCSCA Connect Forum also apply to private messages: defamatory abusive, profane, threatening, offensive will not be tolerated.
2. All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
3. The BCSCA member posting and using the BCSCA Connect Forum will endeavour to follow the BCTF Code of Ethics (https://bctf.ca/ProfessionalResponsibility.aspx?id=4292), specifically in relation to #5, where the member directs any criticism of the teaching performance and related work of a colleague to that colleague in private. If the member believes that the issue(s) has not been addressed, they may, after privately informing the colleague in writing of their intent to do so, direct the criticism in confidence to appropriate individuals who can offer advice and assistance.
4. Posts will be made by identifyable members of the BCSCA. Posts made under a pseudonym will be removed. As such, include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
5. Posts that give details about a specific student/client and/or case will be removed. Note that due to the potential violation of CCPA, CCC, and BCSCA Legal and Ethical Guidelines, case consultation is not allowed on the BCSCA Connect Forum.
6.The use of discussions in connection with contests, chain letters, junk email, or “spam” is prohibited.
7. The use of discussions to falsely impersonate an individual, group, organization, or entity is prohibited.
|Recent Topics||Replies||Views||Last Post|
|44 members | 0 topics | 0 posts|